In the medical sector, the personal touch is extremely important, and that isn’t any less true in the specific field of radiology. The medical field by its very nature is extremely personal and anyone who becomes a member of any aspect of the field should keep this in mind.
Let’s take a look at some key insights from medical professionals about the perception of radiology among patients, ways the profession can be improved, the kinds of standards we should hold ourselves to, and how Specialty Teleradiology strives to help medical facilities and patients alike.
The Changing Face of Radiology
As reported by Radiology Business in the article “Are We Losing Touch with the ‘Human Side’ of Radiology?” the role of artificial intelligence and machine learning in the radiology field has become a source of speculation for many in the industry.
The article also warns of the sort of radiologist automation taking place, which is reducing the opportunities for personal connections with patients and leading to increased isolation. Luckily, an additional article has some insights on how to fight against these trends, however.
Ways to Make a Difference in Radiology
In an article presented by Health Imaging, “Radiology’s Customers Are Speaking. Is Radiology Listening?” Jonathan Kruskal, MD, PhD, who is the chair at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston and the chair of the radiology executive committee at Harvard Medical School, provided his insights on what radiologists should focus on.
His “four domains” for excellence were comprised of the following:
- Patient experience
He also stressed the following strategies for radiologists, which we feel are of incredible value:
- Providing appropriate and efficient care
- Delivering excellent service
- Helping to discharge patients sooner
- Being data-driven and providing data-supported care
- Being visible, voluble, and aligned with your team members
- Being available, accessible, and friendly
- Learning and improving on an ongoing basis
- Providing unambiguous reports and engaging with customers
These are all terrific insights and we commend Dr. Kruskal on his recommendations.
How Specialty Teleradiology Incorporates the Human Aspect
At Specialty Teleradiology, we also believe it’s vital to keep the personal touch in the medical field, which is why our variety of support services are designed to help medical facilities, physicians and healthcare providers, and patients with everything they need during the teleradiology reading process.
Our support services include:
- Administrative Support – We emphasize the role of constant communication and proper coordination of resources when working with each of our clients.
- IT Support – Our team is able to facilitate customized client set ups to work within your current practice infrastructure, and all transmissions undertaken are secure, protected, and HIPAA compliant.
- Client Support – We provide client support on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year, and we support the Radpeer ACR quality assurance program.
- RIS/PACS Support – Ramsoft RIS/PACS has been chosen by our team to give our clients the most innovative radiology software and efficient workflow solutions available.
Looking to work with dedicated teleradiologists who can consult with you during any part of the reading process? Contact the team at Specialty Teleradiology!