As technology has advanced, the role teleradiology has played in the healthcare field has continued to increase. It wasn’t that long ago that technology was limited to the point where radiologists needed to be on a facility’s staff or nearby to facilitate readings, but with the advent of teleradiology, smaller hospitals and private practices now have more possibilities available to them.
As your facility considers your options for radiology partners, we think it’s of paramount importance to reflect on the benefits you can gain by choosing teleradiology for your private practice.
The Benefits of Teleradiology Solutions
- Reduced Costs – Since teleradiology can be utilized by private practices and other small healthcare facilities on an as-needed basis, it has the advantage of not being a constant aspect of the facility’s overhead. Without a radiologist on staff fulltime, significant savings can accrue, which can then be directed to areas of the practice which need it the most.
- Flexibility – One of the key teleradiology benefits for private practices using the technology is the flexibility that the service provides. By using teleradiology you can fit the service to the specific needs of your facility, scaling them to keep pace with the volume you’re seeing in your healthcare facility’s output.
- Radiologist Support – While many practices, particularly those in more rural areas, may not have ready access to a radiologist on staff or nearby, some do. If your practice does have access to radiologists in the area, having a teleradiology coordinator on hand to help with overflow, or during times of radiologist illness or vacation, can be greatly beneficial.
- Fast Turnaround Times – Since radiologists working at practices, or those who are consulted at a nearby facility, will have set hours of availability, their ability to provide readings may be delayed in comparison to those of teleradiology services. Specialty Teleradiology ensures quick turnaround times for our partners, delivering reliable results in a timely manner.
- Expert Consultation – When your practice chooses Specialty Teleradiology as your radiology partner, you gain access to fellowship-trained, board certified teleradiologists who can consult with you at any time during the reporting process. And as part of our commitment to our partners, we have a formal policy of notifying your facility of any unusual or urgent discoveries found during the course of readings.
- Subspecialty-trained Radiologists – Partnering with a teleradiology coordinator like Specialty Teleradiology gives you access to qualified teleradiologists who hold subspecialties in a variety of fields. Whether you need radiologists for Neurology, Musculoskeletal, Body Imaging, or PET/CT, we can provide.
- Support Services – Another one of the essential benefits your private practice will receive by choosing a teleradiology partner is acquiring vital support services. Our dedicated team will provide you with client support, IT support, RIS/PACS support, and administrative support. Visit our support page for details.
As you can see, there are a wealth of advantages for private practices that are considering utilizing teleradiology solutions and incorporating the technology into their operations.
If you have any questions for our team, feel free to contact us today.