If you work within an MRI imaging center and are looking to boost your facility’s productivity, partnering with an experienced teleradiology provider can be greatly advantageous.
Specialty Teleradiology has a team of talented radiologists and support staff members who are adept at meeting the vital needs of healthcare providers. Let’s take a look at why imaging center teleradiology is a worthwhile investment.
The Benefits of Teleradiology for Imaging Centers
Choosing a teleradiology partner like Specialty Teleradiology can provide your MRI center with:
- Lower Costs – Teleradiology is designed to operate on a case by case basis, allowing a healthcare facility to utilize the services as they are required. This in turn means that these facilities have the option of opting for teleradiologists over the more expensive, in-house variety within their imaging center.
- Increased Competitiveness – Radiology has become particularly specialized, so to be able to provide your patients with the best quality care and the most accurate results in their readings, you’ll want to work with experienced professionals who have training in a variety of subspecialties and are able to provide reliable reporting.
- Reporting from Qualified Experts – Working with a teleradiology partner like Specialty Teleradiology provides you with the opportunity to work with fellowship-trained, board certified teleradiologists who have subspecialties in a variety of fields.
- Our radiologists have subspecialties in areas such as Musculoskeletal, Neurology, and Body Imaging, and any given MRI is interpreted by a specialist in a corresponding area, meaning any sports injuries would be reviewed by a MSK radiologist, while brain MRIs would be interpreted by a neuroradiologist.
- Increased Efficiency – Another key benefit of MRI center teleradiology reporting is that it provides options for your facility in a variety of circumstances. If you’re in need of a second opinion for a report, or need a radiologist who holds a particular subspecialty, or your in-house radiologist is unavailable, or you require additional reporting when your facility is experiencing an unusually high influx of scans, teleradiology can be the perfect solution.
- Better Access – Within a lot of rural communities, smaller practices and medical facilities, including MRI centers, do not have the same access to resources that their counterparts in large cities and metropolitan areas benefit from. If your facility meets this criterion, then teleradiology can represent an obvious improvement.
- Flexibility – Another worthwhile advantage of teleradiology for MRI imaging centers is that the services can be tailored to the unique needs of your facility. This gives you the ability to scale your teleradiology services to meet the volume dictated by your facility’s output.
- Opportunities for Growth – Since teleradiology is a more cost-effective solution in comparison to in-house radiology options, and it helps in cases of overflow and cases in which radiologists with subspecialties are sought, it in turn provides your facility with the opportunity for growth. This lets you work with a team of experts who can meet your needs as they expand.
- Quick Turnaround – An additional benefit of working with an experienced teleradiology partner like Specialty is receiving your reporting in an expedient fashion so you can keep your facility running smoothly and efficiently.
- Expert Consultation – Our fellowship-trained, board certified teleradiologists are on hand to work with you through the entirety of the reading process, and are able to consult with referring physicians at any time prior to or after reporting. Additionally, we make it a part of our formal policy to notify clients, and by extension patients, of any unusual or urgent findings that we discover during our MRI readings.
- RIS/PACS – Web-based RIS/PACS to allow easy access to reports from any location. This is also an excellent marketing tool as referring physicians and offices can securely access their patients’ images and reports.
- Administrative and IT Support – While the readings themselves are of course the core of a teleradiology business, a variety of support services can be provided to facilities as well. At Specialty Teleradiology, these include administrative support, IT support, client support, and RIS/PACS support, all designed to assist healthcare facilities with anything that they need during the reporting process.
As you can see, choosing a teleradiology partner like Specialty can do great things for your MRI imaging center.
And if your center provides additional services beyond MRIs, Specialty Teleradiology can assist in those areas as well. Some of the services we can offer include:
- X-Ray and Ultrasound Reporting
- CT Interpretation Services
- PET CT Reporting
- Cardiac PET/CT Reporting
- Neurology PET/CT Reporting
- Oncology PET/CT Reporting
Ready to Start Implementing Teleradiology? Contact Us!
If you believe the advantages that teleradiology can provide are ideal for your MRI center, be sure to reach out to us. Our responsive support staff will address any questions you have and help you to get underway!